Saturday, October 4, 2014

new Levels

Last week I felt that I got a lot out of the work but that I fell just slightly short in terms of engagement with my colleagues. This week I made an effort to quote everyone else in the course and comment on their particular thoughts. This was done over a range of posts and on various mediums. I studied Bill's course blog and reflected. I made a specific post referencing Allison's take on the readings. I summed up all sentiments in Jane's summation forum.

Not on my list of to-do's last week was more quoting of text from the readings but I discovered that this helped me quite a bit and improved my scholarship. I got a lot closer to the text by essentially taking notes as I went.

Using other's quotes to help summarize was a time saver and enabled me to use my time to reflect on meanings rather than merely restating other ideas in my own, perhaps less effective, words.

In short, I think my process improved this week and I was able to get more clear on core issues as a result.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home